Friday, April 15, 2011

100 Miles of Nowhere


I read a lot of blogs.

One of my favorites is the Fat Cyclist

I do not know why.*

I am not a cyclist. I don't even know anything about cycling except that I find the cyclists who frequently ride past my bus stop amusing (its the spandex...and their calves...whoa).

However, last year I read about his 100 miles of Nowhere and saw all the "race reports", and got all sorts of emotional, and told myself "next year I'm doing THAT". I mean how can you not want to sign up for a race where "the very best thing about the 100 Miles of Nowhere is that you are going to win your division" (Actually the very best thing about the 100 miles of no where is profits "go to LiveStrong, to help them as they help people, worldwide, in their battles against cancer." Which sadly seems to be something that has personally affected just about everyone I know)


So this year I signed up. I have absolutely no intention of riding 100 miles. See, I do have a bike. It looks just like the one above. (I LOVE it. It's yellow and was called Jenny at the store- I.had.to.have.it) I've only ridden it once (sad face I know). I don't think it I can make it 100 miles. So I'm going to recruit my friends/any one who wants to do it with me (the rules say its okay) to do a collective 100 miles.

And if biking (I mean cycling) isn't your thing, you can do it on a skateboard, roller blades, roller skates, or your feet (ie run). That's okay too (its even in the "rules")

And if 100 miles is too many its okay to do 50 or 25.

And even though the official race day is June 4th, Fatty says we can do it whenever we want (clearly Fatty isn't very good at making rules)

And did I mention that there's matching shirts!

So it's set. I'm all signed up and can't wait. Now off to go find some recruits.



*Actually I do know why...its all the food/fatty talk...that I DEFINITELY relate to

No comments:

Post a Comment